Created by Wedding Favors

12 September 2004

Thoughts

I boarded the plane with my heart filled with a bit of sadness... 8 days in Melbourne... seemed a bit short. How I wished that I could be there longer... Vieth and I even hope that the plane was delayed somehow (we came back on Sept 11)... It was actually delayed for about half an hour because of some technical problems with the tail of the plane. *phew* i was back safely.

Looking out of the plane, Australia is getting smaller and smaller... All i could see was a patch of greenlands..with the sun ready to set... Moments later, the stars were out.. that time we were over at indian ocean.. I felt that the stars were within reach... it was beautiful.. then when we were over at Java sea, there were lights from ships and houses... they looked so small... just like the stars..

The plane touched down in Sg at 10.33pm (Sg time) I looked at my watch... it was 12.33pm in Mel... I missed Shirz... I took out my phone and smsed her (I dunno whether she received it or not)...

*********************
8 days in melbourne.... we went "sightseeing" not to great ocean road, not to grampians, no horse riding etc... but just driving around looking... we spent a lot of time in travelling... but it was fun... those stories we made up in the car... those number guessing games and forfeits... (Although I got a little irritated by one of the forfeits i gotta do)

Eating - the main aim of this trip. We went to have tai pan (dim sum), pancakes, pasta (la porchetta), scones (Miss Marples), fish n chips, souvlaki (did i spell it right?) etc... besides eating out, we found out that Atari is a good cook (by the way, where's my mash potato?! ) The worse part + funniest part.. is the "chai po" egg i tried to make... =(

We went taking pics at brighton Beach - with those little houses by the sea, federation square, war shrine, QV, flinders station, the city, a winery, and the fun part is, we drove all the way and took a pic just outside Healesville Sanctuary, oh ya, shirz and me took a really funny picture - the one with sunglasses. hah.

I spent the least $$ over there... i calculated and i spent about $950 including the airfare. thats very little right? not like nana and Vieth.. they left only a few bucks in their pockets on their last day.... heh

We are really a bloody group of friends huh.

Thanks to Atari who drove us around, entertaining us while we were entertaining Shirz. hehe~ Again, I miss you guys... and Ginger too! See you around in Singapore...and i am waiting for the batam trip with Shirz...

That was the 3rd time i went Melbourne... it was a really a different kind of experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment