Created by Wedding Favors

06 June 2012

Seoul Trip 20-28th May Day 3

Day 3: Bukchon Hanok Village.

This village was said to be the largest cluster of privately owned traditional wooden homes in Seoul with about 600 years of history. There's no admission fee, just endless of steep slope climbing and photo taking views. As the place is residential area, we need to keep our voices down.


Before the start of the long, tedious walk, we managed to take a map with recommended trail walk and photo stops... But the entire journey was too long to complete~!


Nevertheless, after walking and walking, all the houses suddenly looked the same to me, just like picture above. haha. What does that means? We were tired and time to head back!!

We then head to Myeongdong for lunch and also catching Nanta Show. Everywhere was Etude house, Holika holika, skin food etc... It's literally everywhere! Crazy! Very tempted to buy, but restrained again. We walked around trying to find Nanta Myeongdong Theatre but ended up a bit lost. I stopped by a hotel and grabbed a food map for Myeongdong in Japanese.. and that's when my basic japanese course didnt failed me. I understood the map! LOL. Thus we went to have ginseng chicken according to the map, and we were able to locate our theatre too. I think we had been to a tourist trap restaurant as the food there was expensive. Nevertheless, I pulled out the map and continue reading and found that I will have a 5% discount if I present the map upon paying!! I'm so proud of myself to be able to figure out Japanese. Wahaha.

After our lunch, we headed down to watch the non-verbal cookin show recommended by tripadvisor. Very nice indeed! Funny and interactive. They actually came to singapore to perform before. :)


Last but not least, after the show, we back to our hotel and head to Gimpo airport... heading on to Jeju next! Bye Seoul, for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment