Created by Wedding Favors

24 September 2009

Road to recovery

Yesterday I went to Ma Kuang - the TCM for the treatment of my persistent cough... The doctor talked to me in a gentle tone, described to me the symptoms of my cough and asked if it was like this or that (usually its the other way round for western docs - you tell him the illness, he gives you the pills). Then she concluded that my cough wasnt really a cough, its due to some backflow of mucus into nasal cavity causing inflammation, and then irritation.. That's why I will cough more severely when I lie down (to sleep). She said that she had to cure the nose rather than the cough, coz once the nose is ok, I will stop coughing. She gave me a prescription for 7 days and it cost $65.90! Yes, it definitely more expensive than what I usually gets.. but since I want to get better and its claimable, I wont complain. heh.

So after I got home from dinner, I immediately took the medicine... yeah, it's real hard to swallow. Imagine those bitter powder (30grams) dissolve in 50mL of warm water and drink it.. yucks! The attendant there gave me a pack of sourplum pills.. to get rid of the aftertaste... but it doesnt really work that well seriously.

AND, after the dose, although i'm still having the cough, the frequency during the night got lesser.. and hence, my parents (and I) had a better night rest (before that, dad scolded me in the morning for coughing too loud during the night- after enduring for 3 weeks! - thats why i turned to TCM). haha.

2nd dose this morning.. and indeed, my cough is getting lesser~! Woohoo~! I think the medicine is really working.. finally! I look forward to having a complete recovery soon!

1 comment:

SD said...

Happy for you!

Post a Comment