Created by Wedding Favors

26 October 2004

Yesterday mum cooked some rice and went out with dad to do some work at Harbourfront i think. She thought that she would be home soon to cook for us the dishes... but then til 9pm she was not back yet.. So I called mum, asking her when would she be home.. she said not at the moment... so that time... a thought flash across my mind.... I'll do the cooking... heh

So I started rinsing those utensils and wok to be used.. cut up some potatoes, took out 2 eggs.. found some used oil.. started the fire and then I started cooking...

The first egg was a disaster... it got stick on to the wok... (then i remembered mum saying not to use used oil for frying egg coz it'll stick) Too late... no choice but had to continue.. Just then brother came out and saw the egg..

Bro: "What are you doing? What is this? So ugly!!"
Me: "It's the oil lah."
Bro: "No loh.. you dunno how to cook lah. if i cook, will be better then you leh"
Me: "then you cook lah!"

He laughed and walked away... back to his internet. So i continued the 2nd egg...

The 2nd egg was a nice one.. just like mum's. heh. I felt more confident liao. Now came the time to fry the potatoes... Sis came and wanted to help me. Fine. That's nice (although she had taken her dinner before coming home) Then i went to watch my Tv.

Commercial break time.. i went back to the kitchen.

Me: "Sis, why are your potatoes like 'chao da' like that?" took one and tasted. "some more like not cook leh"
Sis: "Is it? 'chao da liao still not cooked? then I also dunno leh"
Me: "aiyah, nevermind lah. take it as a learning lesson loh"

The food was ready for Brother and me... at about 9.30pm... I looked at my brother and said "I know it doesnt look tat good lah. but at least i tried..."

Bro: "Ok lah ok lah. not bad lah" he smiled and he finished the food.. guess he was really hungry. not because its nice..

Tell you something.. I'm going to fried rice again tonight. mum's not cooking again. hope that it doesnt turn out to be a disaster. heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment