Created by Wedding Favors

09 June 2009

My trip to Phuket/Bangkok

Hi friends, I'm back from my getaway trip to Phuket and Bangkok~! 5 days seems too short~! haha. Ok I shall start recalling the happenings and blog it down here. Pictures will be up on Facebook and shutterfly when I'm free, coz i got loads of mails to clear, update myself with the happenings during the missing times and unpack my luggage.

Let's start from Day 1:

Location: Phuket, Rawai
Weather: Bright and sunny

When we reach the airport, we started off by bargaining the taxi fare and/or the fee for car rental. Ended up we took a taxi, taxi drove us to car rental near hotel resort, we drove off honda jazz and follow the taxi to the hotel.

Cost for taxi:600Baht
Cost for car rental:1200Baht
Petrol:500baht

Hotel: The mangosteen resort and villa
Cost: 170 SGD
Duration of stay: 1 night

Since it's a low season period (coz supposed to have thunderstorm throughout my stay according to weather forecast) there's really no pple/tourists. So we were treated like the royals, free upgrade to a bigger room with personal outdoor jaccuzi. The room oversees the ocean as well.. and were able to see the sun rise too. After we checked in, we went out to explore Phuket, utilizing our rented car to the max- Patong, Chalong Bay, Ao Po Pier, surin beach, kata beach and... i cant remember. haha. Kinda a road trip, and we got a bit lost here and there, but luckily, Phuket's road is easy to drive.. so we always managed to reach our destination, except the Ao Po pier.. where we got really lost in nowhere and we decided to turn back. hehee

We went to central festival, a shopping centre for a walk, before goin to Patong for our dinner at Playhouse (used to known as Sphinx) where we can eat and watch hollywood type of broadway shows. It's only us, watching the show that night. Those glittering and out-of-ordinary clothings (man with tight body suits) that they wore, made me giggle non-stop. But since we are the only ones in the room, I couldnt make it that obvious and I had to resort to pinching myself to stop laughing at them... and the exaggerated moves...

The dinner and the show was expensive.. but since we were there, we had to just go for it. After that, we went back to the hotel, coz driving back takes about 35-40 mins. The streets were poorly lit and we made a few turns before finding our hotel.

Day 2:

Location: Phuket, Chalong bay
Weather: Bright and sunny

The kind owner dropped us at Chalong bay when we returned the car. Then I realised that we were taking a speedboat to The Racha - A resort on a "deserted" aka Yai Racha island.

Hotel: The Racha
Duration of stay: 2 nights
Cost: 800SGD per night

We boarded the speedboat.. a small one... and the ride took about 30-40mins. Rough ride throughout the journey.. big waves and wind... made me turned blue when i reached the port. Real moody.

The villa was really nice. with an individual pool overseeing the beach and ocean, private jacuzzi, outdoor shower place, external living room with coffee machine - the expensive kind, and a big tv. For our room, it's just beside our private pool and we had a nice view of the beach, and just ten steps away, there's a "balcony" for us to sun tan. The room was built for couples - double shower heads, double basin, double mirrors etc. hee. nice setting.

The resort also had a public infinity pool with beach view, spa facilities, common lobbies, 3-4 makan places, library etc etc. most of the activities are free (coz very ex mah), like snorkeling, snooker, mountain biking, tennis, gym etc, except ATV safari tour and Spa. Forget to mention - the prices for food and spa are charged in an EXORBITANT fee. Sigh. since they are the only ones in that island, we had no choice but to spend.

We laze around enjoying the views and utilising the facilities in the villa itself during the afternoon, until dear asked me if I wanted a surprise. Of course I do, and hence I was asked to stay in the living room, while he prepare himself in the bedroom. After a while, a paper was slotted through the small opening on the floor asking me to go back to my room. I went back was surprise to see my black dress on the bed! Besides it, there's another note to ask me to meet dear at the library, and telling me to spray the insect repellent before going out.

I went out (and nearly fell) coz it's already dark. I walked to the library and saw dear in his shirt and pants upstairs (at the library). I went up and he presented a bouquet of flowers (45 roses) and brought me to the restaurant. The restaurant waiters then guided us up to the roof top of the library, where there's a table set up in the centre. A candlelight fine dining with a view of the infinity pool and beach - just the 2 of us.

5 course dinner ended with a waitress coming up bringing a gift with her. Then dear told me that 5th June 09 was the exact date that we have been together for 2000 days. He asked me to open the gift and it was a LV coin purse.. but i didnt realised that there's a ring inside. He then took the ring, got down on one knee and popped the question. =) I agreed and when he placed the ring to my finger.. then i realised... how come no rock? wahaha.. Then he explained to me saying that the one he ordered from US is not ready yet. Hence he gotta get a temporary stand in. haha. Silly. Then, 2 guys from the bar came up to us with their guitars and sang "Now and forever" by Richard Marx. Romantic lo.. hehe.

Day 3:

Laze around again (thats the point of getaway), until evening where we witness 2 females getting married by the sunset beach. Sweet. Ya 2 females from singapore. after that we went for a body scrub and while we were heading back to the room, the waitress of the restaurant actually tell us to stay around, coz there'll be fire works shooting from the mountain, firecrackers and the kongming lantern thingy. So we stayed, ordered a complimentary drink from the bar and sat at the beach. The fireworks were beautiful.=)

Day 4:

Got up early coz we need to catch the first speedboat out to the main island at 9am. Coz we were going to bangkok to shop~!

Location: Bangkok
Hotel: Arnoma Hotel
Cost: 120SGD
Duration: 1 night
Taxi: ~600baht.

Rest for a bit after checked in, and off we went to Isetan to get the wacoal bijoux bra for sis, and myself. wahaha. Nice. Got some some panties for my nieces from little wacoal too. After we had dinner, we went to the night market for a walk and then to platinum. I got some clothes and some babies one and then the shops started to close (around 7pm). sianz. I managed to cover only the basement and level one. Hence I decided to come back the very minute it opened the next day. heh.

Day 5:

Shopped til I dropped. I got a total of 12 tops, 3 shorts, 1 covered shoes, 3 accessories, loads of makan stuff for my family, sunglasses, belts.. and dear got his polo tees, tees, 3/4 pants, luggage, slippers and food as well. We had a lot of time left.. but we were too tired to continue and we got most of the stuff we wanted and.. we were running low on cash too. hehee. so we headed to the airport early to avoid traffic jam during rush hour and had dinner over at the airport. =) Home sweet home at 1.30am.. and slept at 2am... then... gotta work.

Thats all. more or less. hee.

Exact amt spend.. have to wait til we sum up everything. heh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, your hubby-to-be so sweet!

BlueSky said...

Hee~! THanks thanks~!

Anonymous said...

KK's soooo romantic!!! He actually took the trouble to do all that... awwww.... =D

--Del

BlueSky said...

Hee` you guys are making him get proud lo. haha~

Post a Comment