Created by Wedding Favors

25 August 2011

Last day, last time.

Today was my last day at work. Walking towards Biopolis felt very different this morning. Upon reaching office, everything's pretty much the same except that there's a Mr Bean pearly soya milk from beloved ZX as breakfast, as well as a box of merci chocolates from Winnie as a form of appreciation for being her "mentor" for the past 10 days.

There was still work to do, just that it's very minimal. I did cell culturing for the last time in the morning and qPCR for the last time in the afternoon. Koby was very kind to give me the rest of the day free to take pictures with everyone else. We had one last small talk in the meeting room around 3.30pm, coz he said that he would be in a long meeting after that. I was surprised that he gave me a small token of appreciation.

When the clock struck 5.30pm, everyone started to leave. I went around to have the last handshake with the people in PLR. At around 5.40pm, only Chen-san and ZX were still in the office. I gave ZX a very big hug and a handshake before I left.. and I could see that she's trying to control her tears from starting.

I placed my work pass on HR's desk and exited PLR with a heavy heart. I will definitely miss this special place and the people who formed an important part of my life. You know who you are. ;p Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment