Created by Wedding Favors

15 November 2009

Strange encounter

I was at Tampines area yesterday... loitering, so as to waste some time before going Eunos to meet my ex-colleagues at 5.30pm. Being thirsty and tired I bought a bottle of mineral water from cold storage and sat outside to rest my tired feet.. Around 4pm, a lady came up to me and sat beside me, saying that she's reaching 60 and was very tired after walking around, getting avocados and some vegetables... I smiled at her.. and she continued her conversation, talking about love, life and money. She told me about her family background, in a mixture of english and cantonese. She talked about her stocks and donations, the number of condos and platinum cards she’s holding, the picture of her god (guanyin) and pictures of her dead mum that she carried in her wallet, and she named her maid as beneficiary if she passed away next time. I dun think she’s bluffing me about her being rich…. Coz while she opened her wallet, there was a stack of 50 dollars.. a STACK. She also told me about her 2nd hand rolex… how greedy her step-sister – getting 8 million from her dad and said it’s not enough.. how her sister pitied her for being single…but instead she pitied her sis for getting married coz her husband is having affair outside. Blah blah blah.

She told me about a lot of things.. but its too lengthy to carry on writing. I bide her farewell and thank her after an hour of chat, coz she somehow helped me to pass my time…. I shook her hand and went off. When I turned my head and look back, she was not there anymore.

Is she feeling lonely deep down inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment