Created by Wedding Favors

29 July 2006

Heavy downpour, but did not dampen our spirits

I started today with my first driving lesson. Phew~ I finally stepped out the first step.. generally is still ok. At least, the instructor is friendly. I hope that i wont forget what i learn til the next lesson, which is about 2 weeks later~!

Dear came and picked me up.. we went for lunch and then Zoo~! It's been soooooo long since i last stepped into Singapore Zoological Garden.. so dear wants to bring me since my bday is next monday. I met Danny, our CRU manager at the entrance with his wife and 2 sons~! Such a coincidence.. but i guess they had already been completed their "journey" and for us, we just reached.

Once we entered, our journey with animals started. One employee volunteered to take us to our first stop - the amphitheater for the animal show... along the way, we answered a short survey.. we didnt know that at the end of the survey, there's a free drink voucher =) Halfway through the first animal show, it started raining. A lot of pple left the place to the shelter and hence the show ended earlier. We took a tram and dropped at the next stop... which was a bad decision from me. There's nothing there. Heavy rain and packed trams, the only thing we did was to wait and wait.. maybe for 45mins to an hour? not sure. I didnt bother to look at the watch.. dear even suggested to walk to the exit and visit the zoo another time.

I dun want to go home. It's too early and the tickets are not cheap too. We decided to walk in the rain. It's quite fun actually.. but a little tired.. with all those slopes and water puddles to avoid, sticky and humid, we almost gave up. However, we somehow brighten up when we realised that animals dont go hiding in shelters although it's raining heavily! Good~! We even saw Brady from America (national geographic) to share about his experience with crocodiles and snakes~!

At last, we managed to rest a little walk a little and finished the whole journey. We even took our first elephant ride! So fun! Maybe the only "mei zhong bu zu" was that i forgot to change the camera battery and so we only managed to take a few pictures before it died on us! stupid me~

Last stop, dinner at long john silver at raffles (instead of the initial plan - orchid feast near the zoo) because we were already exhausted to be eating in such high class restaurant. hee~ I got myself a birthday gift. Toshiba 1G thumbdrive for only 49.90~! (actually there's a small print stated "to be purchased with a minimum of 200 dollars") but since it's 5 mins to the closing time, the salesperson sold us without requiring any minimum purchase!

Right now, I'm tired. but I still have to go and study a little.. I'm meeting my friends tmr~ more celebrations~ yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment