Created by Wedding Favors

03 February 2012

My Chinese New Year.

My parents-in-law came down on the day before CNY's eve. We had reunion dinner together at my house, went to river angbao, had dinner together with my mum and then they went off together with dear to Penang on the morning of 初二。That afternoon, bro came to pick me up and I went to my 小姨's house to 拜年。As expected, I was being questioned of "when will I have a baby" -_-

Days were relatively dull since dear was not with me. I had my lunch alone (coz even lunch kakis went on leave) and had my dinner alone.. til on the 6th day of CNY, I went off to Penang to visit my parents-in-law, and to reunite with my dear.

Also as usual, we went Penang to eat and laze around.. and this time round, on the 7th day of CNY, we drove up to Thailand, Hat yai... to buy zebra kettle! haha! Cheap! Walked around and eat and did foot reflexology.. MIL bought fruits and we bought mango glutinous rice and seaweed (tao kay neo). This was a picture I took our journey. Very nice picture that looked like a postcard.


There was nothing much to do on the 8th day of CNY, just to get prepared to 拜天公 when the clock striked 12. There are a lot of hokkiens in Penang, and thus that night was the most interesting night where we can.... play with fireworks! MIL bought 138 shots compared to only 48 shots last year. :) Fireworks was really dangerous and I could understand why Singapore government had to ban it.


So this poor little dog had to endure the loud sound produced by the fireworks from everywhere. Neighbours and us.


Our fireworks were not very fantastic.. didnt manage to get a picture.. and I got shot by the debris, right on the head. I was so scared that my hair will burst out in flames! But luckily it was just debris. Nevertheless, I still had fun, watching fireworks in the neighbourhood.. Other's were slower and nicer and bigger.. whereas our 138 shots were fast and sub-standard. Bleh~~


We had lo hei and 盆菜 on day 9 of CNY, with kk's grandma.



We returned SG on day 10 of CNY to rest... because I scheduled my lasik surgery on the 11th day of CNY. The procedure was a little scary but it was done swiftly. Right now, besides the bruised eye, hazy and glare vision, I have perfect eyesight! I'm still not use to seeing myself without spectacles. But the feeling is great. I will get use to it sooner or later..

So yesterday night, just before I went to bed, 我心血来潮 went to stick on the wallpaper sticker at the small little corner in my bedroom. Now that little corner looks more colorful! hehe.


Last but not least, we bought a new coffee table online! Nice and elegant. I really like it! Compared to the old one which is unsteady and dangerous, especially when there's kids around. You can see the old one just behind the new one. Pretty eh~~ pure white, stands out in my living room. Feels like a new living room~! Happy~!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tv area looks like my tv area! Even the wall colour looks similar! :) my windows are also on the right side. -Adela

BlueSky said...

Is it? Mine is actually a corridor unit.. so my windows are not opened most of the time. haha. Wall color is similar too? Seems like we have good tastes! ;p

Post a Comment