Created by Wedding Favors

14 June 2011

Reassurance is not enough.

I was called in to the meeting room around 5pm by my supervisor. He had a chat with me for quite a while and asked me about the details my boss communicated to me during the appraisal. I told him briefly and he started explaining to me on why I was not promoted this year.

My supervisor (Koby) said that he fought for a promotion for me, but didnt manage to persuade my boss for the green light. The reason my boss gave was, I was promoted only last year. However from koby, he mentioned another reason that boss didnt tell me. He said that Boss felt I am only 2.5 years into the job compared to ZX, who works for a longer period of time. If I am promoted together with ZX this year, I will be in the same rank with her and it is not fair to her. Koby told me he felt that promotion is not supposed to be measured by the length of service, but the performance. But he just couldnt persuade Boss. Back then I was thinking, so is it fair to me then?

Koby was also surprised that my percentage of increment was only X% (which in actual fact is slightly less that X%). He felt it was a bit low coz he believed that I deserved more. So I asked him if he could make the percentage go higher, but he say he couldnt. -_- (so what's the point? No money no talk! haha)

Koby told me that he had nothing much to teach me anymore. I am at the maximum level in terms of techniques, and I have the best set of skills in the team. He gave me choices to pick in order to work for my confirmed promotion next year. This also means more work for me.

I am happy that Koby actually recognises my hard work. I am very happy for the encouragement and praises. This recognition makes me feel worthy working for him. However, more work for "greater" promotion? Koby can't call the shots in salary decision so in the end if it's still the normal promo+increment, there's nothing he can do right? When that particular time comes, will it be fair to me then?

No comments:

Post a Comment